Re: oracle8 on NT - password security

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/08/02

It is just as pointless as posting to all Oracle newsgroups.

Also, it is not the SYSDBA password, but the internal password, which are two completely different things.
The password file and this script are stored on a system which should be accessible by administrators only!
The password file has been designed to get remote SYSDBA access (ie SYSDBA access by other computers in the network). The script normally is not accessible to other people than administrators. You only have a point if you normally share your C-drive to all users on your network.
Finally the internal account will be removed in a future release. You should use the OS_OPER and OS_DBA groups instead.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA