Licensing costs for application that uses Oracle 8i

From: Charles Lamprey <chuckl_at_cerb.com>
Date: 2000/08/02

I'm developing a commercial software package using Java and would like to use Oracle 8i as a way of storing Java objects.

I am totally confused by the vast array of licensing options for Oracle.

Am I correct in assuming that I would need to purchase a license for Oracle for each customer who purchases and installs my product on their computer? (At the prices listed at Oracle's storefront, that would entail an exhorbitant cost per workstation application installed.)

What are the minimum licensing fees I'm obliged for? (All I'm doing is storing Java objects for persistence, for cripes sake).

Chuck Lamprey
chuckl_at_cerb.com Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT