Personal Oracle 8.1.5 installation problem

From: Ronald Gonsher <rintell_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 2000/08/02

   I recently purchased a trial version of Oracle 8i Personal edition for windows 98. I tried installing it (typical installation) and received my
first error during installation of net8 client. See below.

Starting install install phase 1 of component Net8 Client Calling action fileActions1.6.0.8.1 finalClusterSetup  selectedNodes =
 threadsActive = 2
 vectorInitialSize = 50
 vectorFactorSize = 25

Calling action fileActions1.6.0.8.1 createDirRecurse  destination = c:\Oracle\Ora81\Network\Names\  selectedNodes =
 permissions = null
 owner = null
 group = null

Action to create the directory and its parents if required; destination = c:\Oracle\Ora81\Network\Names\ ;Install and Deinstall time action

Calling query w32RegQueries1.6.0.8.4 RegValueExists

Key = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SubKey = Software\ORACLE\HOME0

Value = NLS_LANG
Query returned : true
Calling query w32RegQueries1.6.0.8.4 RegGetValue

Key = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SubKey = Software\ORACLE\HOME0

Value = NLS_LANG
Query returned : NA
Setting value of b_setNLSLANG to true
Calling query LangQueries1.0 GetNlsLang *** Error Dialog: There was an error during loading *** User selected: Stop installation of all products.

So far I have not heard back from Oracle.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Ronald Gonsher
rintell_at_bellsouth.net Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT