Re: PL/SQL vs Java vs Pro*C for switching?

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 2000/08/02

Hi Chris,

As far as I know this is not possible with PL/SQL, so I guess you're 'stuck' with Pro*C (not that it's a bad thing offcourse ;-).. You can probably download some Telnet API's from the web, or get hold of a TCP/IP library. If you do a lot of database actions, maybe you could combine your program to use a pl/sql and a pro*c layer. This will increase the maintainability of your program. It all depends on the situation offcourse,

Good luck!,

Bastiaan Schaap
Oracle web development,
Desyde BV - Baarn