Re: gen. question

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/08/02

I haven't done this, but my understanding is that Oracle allows you to directly call Java. It is much more tightly integrated with Java than MS SQL Server. Use MS if you want to switch to ActiveX & run everything on Win. Oracle comes with JDBC access, which will let you get at the data from Java.

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:27:17 -0700, "Joe" <ssarabi_at_pacbell.net> wrote:

>I have some java code that performs some complex mathematical operations.
>The data for these functions is currently retrieved from flat files. These
>flat files are to be replaced by a database. Would it be wise to go with
>Oracle and use PL/SQL and replace my current java functions, go with
>SQLServer and stick with my current java functions, or go with Oracle and
>stick with my current java functions? I will be performing no more than
>1000 record retrival/storage on the DB, furthermore, there will no more than
>150 such operations daily.
>thank you.
>joe.

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT