Problems installing Oracle 8.0.5 on Unix (linux)

From: Kim Ammouche <kim_at_ammouche.net>
Date: 2000/08/02

Hi there...

I'm trying to install Oracle 8.0.5 on a Linux (RH62) system. But the installer fails as it's trying to start lsnrctl.

I if I look into the bin directory I can see that the file lsnrctl excists as well as lsnrctl0 the first gives me a core dump.. the second will start fine..

continuing the install here the installer will try to start svrmgrl to execyute a script creating a database (I guess) again it failes stil I can run the svrmgrlO (?).

Why does all these files get wrong file name and what can I do to correct it ?

I have set the env variables before starting the installer:

ORACLE_SID=ORA80
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.5 ORA_NLS33=/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/ocommon/nls/admin/data ULIMIT=2113674 I have tried renameing the files during install.. this takes the insaller a bit further.. but it now stops at:

 Error during action 'Running pupbld.sql'.

Command: /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/bin/sqlplus PASSWD <<start
/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/sqlplus/admin/pupbld.sql exit

Thanks for helping my out.. :) Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT