Re: Can't access SOME table's statistics.

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/08/01

Sounds like all of your tables weren't analyzed. Try

        ANALYZE TABLE <table name> ESTIMATE STATISTICS

and then check the contents of USER TABLES. If the missing values are filled in go ahead and analyze the rest of your tables. Depending on the number of rows and the distribution of the values across the indexes you may prefer to COMPUTE statistics rather than estimate them.

On 7/31/00, 2:11:48 PM, "Robert Wagner" <RobertWagner_at_alum.mit.edu> wrote regarding Can't access SOME table's statistics.:

> I presently have 8 tables in a schema. When I do a SELECT on
 USER TABLES I
> see all
> of them, but I don't get anything in statistical columns like
 NUM ROWS,
> BLOCKS,
> EMPTY BLOCKS, and AVG SPACE for three of the tables. Is there
 something like
> (this is pure speculation):

> ENABLE STATISTICS COLLECTION ON mytable

> that would be required to for this data to be collected?

> When I do an export from the schema, the CREATE TABLE statements don't

seem