Re: flushing dbms_output.put_line

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: 2000/08/01

What I do is include a procedure called something like o( ) for output. All the dbms_output.put_line calls are rewritten to go through o. The o() procedure writes to a pipe, which I view in another session.

You could easily just put o into a package and then set variables and have o write to tables (for a log), a pipe (to view in another session) or to a file with utl_file.

Otherwise, I don't know of a way to flush it to the screen.

Maurice Samuels <samuels_at_blue.seas.upenn.edu> wrote in message news:8m6lqc$5mn$1_at_netnews.upenn.edu...
> does anyone know how to flush dbms_output.put_line to the screen (even
 though the procedure/package hasn't
> totally finished executing)?
> ie, i know that i can write messages to a file and see them immediately if
 i use utl_file.fflush, is there