frustrated newbie.

From: sharkfish <minnow31NOmiSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/01

hello.

I am wondering what to do with my Oracle 8i Personal edition install.

I get one of two errors consistently when trying to connect to the database:

TNS: packet error or EOF communication error.

Can someone please help, and please be specific? Folks have had this problem before, but I am reading vague answers about what to put in my config files and I am confused.

I reinstalled Java2 1.3 after my Oracle install because I need to use JSP/Servlets with Orion Server, and while the JSP stuff works, Oracle is not giving me the light of day.

Please help...or I'll have to go back to SQL Server!

sharkfish

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT