Re: Snapshots

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: 2000/07/31

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Snapshot refresh is an ordinary PL/SQL job. The refresh will be resubmitted
> automatically, until it has failed 16 times, and then the job will be
> considered broken.
> The interval is AFAIK 5 minutes, so you 90 mins to resolve your network
> problem.

A refinement of my question. Does the job pick up where it left off or does it start the whole process over with each five minute interval?

Once it fails at the 90 minute mark, what must be done to restore the job to "unbroken" status so that it will run automatically the next time that the refresh is scheduled?

Are you saying that the refresh is scheduled with DBMS_JOBS? Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT