TNS Name Problems Too

From: <chrisabruce_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/31

I have two Oracle Home directories OraHome81 and OraHome91. OEM required me to put it in a different home. OraHome81 was already installed and working on NT. I can connect via user/pass_at_website (DB NAME). But a can't make any connection from the OEM tools (Shema Manager, SQL Analyzer, etc.) It gives me: ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there any way to specify a fully qualified service name (inluding protocol, port, server, etc.) so that it will bypass the tnsnames.ora file? Or maybe the problem above is something else?

Thanks for any help.

Chris Bruce

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT