recommendation for Web Server

From: GAB <news4_at_REMOVEbaxnet.net>
Date: 2000/07/31

I need some steering, apologies for market ignorance in advance...

We need to lock into one web server and be done with it. Our basic req's are a good .jsp engine, VERY compatable with Ora 8i, great java interfaces, and we'd like to host it on Win2000, and we'd sure like to see it WAP/XML/WML ready. We run 8i on 2000 now.

I see Ora's got "web to go", and "app server", both of which are a web server. So what's the difference?

Is Apache/Tomcat a good alternative?

How about commercial web servers?

Thanks in advance -

Greg Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT