WEBDB: Referencing variables on forms

From: <jahben_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/31

I hope this isn't a dumb question.

I need to get a password from a given form, run a little decryption sql on it, and write the decrypted text back to the field.

The problem I'm having is just getting the password to begin with. I know it is in
l_arg_values, but it always displays in a format I don't understand. (ex. ROWID or AAAGpUAABAAAEU9AAa or AAAGpUAABAAAEU9AAb) It should be more b0a1b3b2b7ahb2a4.

What is this?

I've tried everything. . .

I tried this . . .

htp.print(WEBDB.wwv_name_value.get_string
(l_arg_names, l_arg_values, 'LOGIN_NAME'));

I tried this . . .

htp.p(l_arg_values(31));

I tried this. . .

htp.print(WEBDB.wwv_name_value.get_string
(l_arg_names, l_arg_values, 'PASSWORD','YES'));

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm at my wit's end and I've checked the forums as well as metalink and I've had no luck.

Thanks,
Ben
bward_at_sapient.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT