Re: Remote Access ORACLE database

From: Luis Octavio de Urioste <tavo_at_gulf.net>
Date: 2000/07/29

It seems to me that you have a protocol problem, I think on your workstation you are running BEQUEATH (Local Machine) and whe you try to connect from the Lap Top (the client) it does not know how to reach the host.

Have you tried Ping-ing the host machine, and the database ?

Good Luck

Tavo
"Raymond Wong" <raymond.wong_at_hk.origin-it.com> wrote in message news:8lsar9$pff1_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
> Dear all,
>
> I got a problem and hope that you guys would kindly help.
>
> I have installed ORACLE 8i on my NT workstation (hostname = ntwkstat). I
> set up the TNSNAME.ORA so that the Global DB Name is oracle.ntwkstat.
 Then
> I started the database using DBA Studio and then started the listener
> (lsnrctl start).
>
> Then I installed Developer 2000 on the same machine. Since the
 ORACLE_HOME