Re: Comparing books by Loney

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/28

Answers embedded below, referring to an older edition, but I know several editions and they don't change much in general strategy

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

"Doug Edmunds" <dae_alt3_at_juno.com> wrote in message news:8F7F5B6AFedmundspacifiercom_at_199.2.117.165...
> Can someone tell me the dif between these
> Kevin Loney books:
> (a) Oracle8i:the complete reference (69.99 list)
> and
> (b) Oracle8i DBA Handbook (49.99 list)?
>
> Is everything in (b) included in (a)?

No!

> Otherwise put, how much of (b) is included in (a)?

Almost none!

The complete reference discusses SQL, SQL*Plus and that's about it. The DBA handbook *only* discusses DBA topics and takes knowledge of SQL for granted.

> Money better spent on (a) or (b)?

On both! IMO, no one should be without.