Re: Web Design.

From: Joseph Ranseth <jransethNO_SPAM_at_worldcupfishing.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

Bonny,

    Interdev is a web-design tool from Microsoft.....it's a step up from Frontpage. It allows you to design pages both in source-view and design-view. It also provides an environment for editing scripts written in VBscript, and Jscript(javascript). You can create and debug both client-side and server-side scripts(ASP's).

    I disagree with James in saying that you should learn cgi.....it is very powerful, but for a beginner, I'd recommend learning VBScript - if you can control the environment(It only works on IE) - or javascript (it works on all newer browsers). There are tonnes of free scripts you can find on the net for javascript and comp.lang.javascript is full of great help. Don't get me wrong, perl/cgi is great, it's just a bit harder to pick up than the other 2.
hope that helps