Re: decompile option in access97

From: David W. Fenton <dXXXfenton_at_bway.net>
Date: 2000/07/28

barnesp_at_datatek.com (Pete B) wrote in
<so0joo533j161_at_news.supernews.com>:

>Apparently, he thinks splitting the app into a data file and an
>interface file is merely an exercise in creating Access mdb files
>that we developers do for fun. Amazing that a person involved
>with scientific work would not immediately have the obvious
>question come to mind, "WHY would I want to do this, what is the
>**advantage** in doing so?"

Am I wrong, but hasn't the split architecture been recommended in the help files for multi-user apps since Access 2?

Once again, people don't read the help files.

That's the only way *I* ever would have figured out to split the files, since I certainly was teaching myself Access 2 by creating applications, as I went along. And all my apps, ever, have used the split architecture. I didn't figure it out on my own -- it came from the Access documentation itself.

dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc