Re: Host command within PL/SQL Proc!

From: Richard Fairbairn <rfairbairnNOrfSPAM_at_uk.intasys.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/28

Thanks for the reply. I ended up using utl_file to create a Unix script to run all the scheduled proc, effectively spooling out a shell script with contents like the following:

runproc1.sh
runproc2.sh
runproc3.sh

unixscript1.sh
unixscript2.sh

So I'm happy. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to set execute permissions on the utl_file output file (ie the output script that controlS the execution of all the child scripts). What I ended up doing was creating a dummy.sh script with nothing in it and doing the following in my cron-activated shell script:

delete the last utl_filed shell script
copy dummy.sh to utl_file_output.sh
run the database proc to populate utl_file_output.sh with calls to other scripts
run utl_file_output.sh

It seems a bit backwards, but it works. Would like to know how to set execute permission on the file created by utl_file, however, so I don't have to have the dummy file at all..

R.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT