Re: Calling an External Procedure

From: Edward Yu. Mikhailouts <mikhaylo_at_tlsoft.ru>
Date: 2000/07/28

Where from are you going to start process: Forms or stored procedure? Forms: Oracle FFI or HOST command;
Stored procedure: re-link you EXE application as a DLL or call it from another DLL.
I have successfully developed several application for the both situations.

Edward Mikhaylouts,
Izmailovo, Moscow, Russia,
Telesoft Russia Co.

Sean wrote:

> I have referred to :
> http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.804/a58236/10_procs.htm#426081
>
> and the documentation talks about calling a DLL to return values and
> all back to the calling procedure.
>
> What if I just want to execute foo.exe on the c:\ drive? And let
> foo.exe do its thing? Is there a way for Oracle 8i to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
 Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT