Oracle Certification Exam Questions

From: Kelly Tobias <reactive_at_brunnet.net>
Date: 2000/07/27

I've been studying Oracle for just over 7 months and am about to take my first exam. I have a few concerns and was hoping that somebody who has been in my shoes might give me some insight.

I've used the 'ORACLE8 DBA Certification Exam Guide' from Oracle Press as my bible...
I've also read through the 'Exam Cram' book from Certification Insider Press and 'Using Oracle8 / 8i from Que. My question is will there be any 'trick' questions that
might draw answers from areas outside these two books?

Would anyone have any pre-study tips they may offer me - I'm rather nervous. I know the material but I'm not sure what to expect from the exam.

I've been following the Job scene on web sites such as Monster.Com, etc... but this is just a 'view' into job postings... Could anyone give me an honest assessment of what the general job situation is with regards to Oracle DBA's. I have Visual Basic, Java and C++ experience as well - can I expect to
find a job as an Oracle DBA with very little practical experience other than flogging my own PC to death for the past 7 months?

Any help would be appreciated,

Kelly Tobias
reactive_at_brunnet.net Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT