Re: Metalink - anyone still work there?! Anybody else given horrible service?

From: Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/27

   Oracle is trying to force all or nearly all support through MetaLink and MetaLink isn't ready to handle it.

   We had similar CSI problems and found they could only be resolved by a salesman - MetaLink personnel were unable to help. By the way, we have five CSI numbers and Oracle has no way to centralize them. So we sometimes have five problems instead of one.

   We have been told by phone support we must go through MetaLink. As you know, this is extremely inefficient since there is no give and take with a live person. If MetaLink doesn't answer your question the first time, then you have to start all over. Each start over can use up one to twenty four hours.

   Also, the MetaLink analyst decides whether an issue is complete, not you. If he decides an issue is complete there is no way on MetaLink to add information to the TAR. You will have to create a whole new TAR.

   And all this has been done at a time when new Oracle products are being rushed to market - 8.1.7, Designer and Developer 6i, IAS etc. etc. Some of these products require support to install or operate.

   Probably over time things will work themselves out. The current setup does not function adequately so Oracle will have to do something to correct the situation.

Van

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT