Re: Newbie question

From: Kelly Tobias <reactive_at_brunnet.net>
Date: 2000/07/27

Raymond,

START:
This option basically starts the Oracle Instance - but does not mount the database. Meaning that the database will not be avaliable to the users. You use this option when you want to create a database.

MOUNT:
This option starts the database and mounts it, but does not allow the users to access it. Useful for doing maintenance on the database.

OPEN:
Starts, Mounts and Opens the database.

Kelly Tobias
reactive_at_brunnet.net