Re: Oracle Certification Questions

From: Luis Octavio de Urioste <tavo_at_gulf.net>
Date: 2000/07/26

Don't worry about the test, be sure to look for the obvious, it is just a test and it is pretty straight forward. Just analyze the question and read it carefully. Don't try to make it more difficult that it really is.

About a job market, well there is plenty out there, but most jobs require a few years experience. Since you have some programming experience, have you consider learning some of the Oracle Development Tools?? Oracle Developer, ore Designer 2000. One thing that you must consider is How strong are your Operating System Skills ?? and what platforms are you comfortable on?? Unix, NT, Novell, ...... etc. The OS and the DBA go hand in hand, and you need to be pretty good on the OS also.

Hope this gives you an idea. Whatever you do, never but never quit, there are plenty of jobs and you'll land a good one. Good Luck and may the ORACLE be with you.

Tavo