Oracle 8, Web based and MsAccess

From: The_Clansman <the_clansman_at_videotron.ca>
Date: 2000/07/26

Hi,

I did an Inventory system for our department a couple years ago using VB5 and an MsAccess database. Works fine, but we have to convert all our applications to a web-based environment within the next five years. Allright. Our database platform will be Oracle. I've been trained on Oracle 8 and I know VB very well and Java. Well, basically my question is:

Is there's a way to build something web-based, that can access an Oracle database without to have to install any component on the client side? Can an application, an applet or whatsoever is able to access an Oracle database from a browser?

If so, let me know how.
Thank you. Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT