Enterprise Manager Remove Database Problem

From: Jason Rigsbee <jrigsbee_at_rigsbee.net>
Date: 2000/07/26

I removed a database from within Enterprise Manager by expanding Databases and selecting Remove. The database of course is still operational and can be accessed using the separate DBA tools (schema, storage, security, etc. managers) using the "SID.domain". I deleted it because I needed to change the domain that the database is in. I updated the configuration file, but the database still uses an incorrect domain the follows the database name (e.g. Jason.test.net should be Jason.rigsbee). I updated the configuration file (INITJason) to reflect the correct domain and restarted the services but the change never registered within Enterprise Manager. So I removed the database hoping that I could add it back and the problem would be corrected.

However, this assumption was incorrect and now I am not even able to add the database back into the Enterprise Manager.

Any help on placing my database back into Enterprise Manager so I can manipulate it from there would be greatly appreciated.

Also any notes on correcting the domain name that the database resides would be a help also. The problem with domain is affecting me not being able to export, backup, etc. this database (I am receiving a TNS error). Will post exact error message tomorrow.

Thank you.

jlr Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT