Re: TNS unable to connect to destination

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

I do remember having that problem a few years ago. It's caused by a conflict with the TCP/IP protocol although I don't know the exact details.
If you are running Oracle and the modemsoftware on the same machine it might help using the local protocol for the database.

h.t.h.

BertJan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT In article <397D9A87.EACCC1A4_at_accesscomm.ca>,   wcis_at_accesscomm.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have oracle 8 on machine. I have no problem loging on Oracle using
 SQL
> plus 8 when I am off line. However once, I use the modem and go
 online,
> I cannot log on to Oracle. I get TNS unable to connect to
 destination.

> Any tips are appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT