Re: SQLPlus problem (ORA-01033)

From: Jim Davis <jimdavis_at_iprolink.ch>
Date: 2000/07/26

I had something similar happen to me just today (8.0.5 on Win2K). All of the Oracle tools reported that Oracle was unavailable, even after several restarts of the server, and even though Services showed all of the appropriate services as Started. In the Application Event Log it showed each time the startup and then an immediate shutdown of Oracle.

After futzing around for a couple of hours to no avail, I finally uninstalled and reinstalled Oracle, then imported a backup dmp file. Now I'm up and running, and fortunately this was an expendable development database, but I'd sure like to know how to resolve this next time without such drastic measures (or even better, prevent it).

--
Jim Davis
Informatique Ressources Humaines

397e9a84$1_2_at_nnrp1.news.uk.psi.net...