Re: Table column containing procedure

From: <lempert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/25

HI
This subject is usually called meta-tables or meta-programs. In this option you wtire a part, the whole program or data for dynamic program running. Since I dealt with a project doing billing operation on this kind of meta-tables with dynamic (100%) SQL - I can tell you this, it's very hard and you have to do lot's of thinking before. I would suggest that only the sql-statements will be dynamic while the program is a conventional one.
My project took about 7 people in the period of two years.

In article <8ljjcb$66s3_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>,   "Raymond Wong" <wongbun_at_globalsources.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I need your help.
>
> I would like to implement a table with a column which stores a
 procedure.
> For example, I have a commission table storing 30 different commission
> calculation. I would like to allow the sales manager or company
 policy
> maker to input a formula for each row and that will become a 'row
> procedure'.
>
> It's like a stored procedure, but it is maintained by row. Can this
 be
> implemented using ORACLE? If yes, what is the data type I should use?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jul 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT