Problem with connection (SQLPlus)

From: Glenn Moodie <glennm_at_i2.co.uk>
Date: 2000/07/25

I'm running Oracle 8i on NT4, but I have the following problem:

  1. Run sqlplusw.exe (in <Oracle product>/Ora81/bin), with system/manager, but no connect string. System returns error:

Oracle ORA-01033: ORACLE initialisation or shutdown in progress

Program goes back to login.

2) Run plus80w.exe (in <Enterprise Manager>/bin), with system/manager, but no connect string. Connects with no problems.

It appears that something has been corrupted, but why the difference with sqlplus and plus80?

What I'm really trying to do is import an Oracle dump file (from 'exp'), but this also refuses to recognise the username and password when I run

>imp system/manager file=abcd.dmp log=import.log

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Glenn. Received on Tue Jul 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT