Re: Public synonym question

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/23

Sam Habbab wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to create a public synonym for a package?
>
> I have user ss_dba that creates a package x_package.
> This package has a function testMe.
>
> I can create a public synonym for the package so that I don't have to
> call ss_dba.x_package, but is there a way to create a one for the
> function?
>
> This way I would call testMe(); instead of x_package.testMe();
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sam Habbab

The only way you could do this is to create a standalone function that then calls your packaged function - but this is overkill... Packages are intrinsic to the db operation - may as well get used to using them ...

Cheers

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse