Re: Oracle DBA Experience (need for)

From: Barry <barrywilliams_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/23

In article <397ac850_at_news.iprimus.com.au>,   "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

> "A.S." <asun_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to pass all five of the Oracle DBA certification
 exams
> > without having any prior knowledge of Oracle or having any work
> experience?

You need to be sure that you would like being a DBA and that you would be good at it,(or even competent). It requires a certain type of personality, as well as technical competence. Check out this page on my Database Answers Web Site to get some insights :- http://www.databaseanswers.com/what_is_a_dba.htm For training, I would recommend Learning Tree who offer a "Training Passport" where you pay for 4 or 10 courses at a rate which is expensive but a lot cheaper than paying for individual courses.

Good luck

Barry Williams

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jul 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT