Re: Oracle DBA Experience (need for)

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: 2000/07/23

"A.S." <asun_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message news:8l5vbp$2cr$2_at_nntp9.atl.mindspring.net...
> Is it possible to pass all five of the Oracle DBA certification exams
> without having any prior knowledge of Oracle or having any work
experience?

I dare say Richard Feynman or Albert Einstein could probably have done it by reading a book or two just before sitting the exams, but most mere mortals will NOT get by unless your hands get seriously dirty doing the deeds, day in and day out, for some considerable time before attempting the exams.

> I have a working knowledge of JAVA and plan on taking a certification
> course.

I used to develop fluently in VB. Don't think it really helped me one iota in coming to grips with Oracle. Languages don't qualify you for working with an rdbms.

>And if possible can anyone suggest any good certification school in
> NYC that costs less than 10k? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can
> extend me.

Regards
HJR