How to copy files between 2 Databases on different hosts

From: Wolfgang Behrentin <behrentin_at_netcologne.de>
Date: 2000/07/22

Hello

I have to copy binary files from and to the filesystem between two Hosts. One host is running Oracle 8 on NT and the other host is running Oracle 8 on SUN SPARC. Is it possible to copy Files from one host to another using only PL/SQL or do I need to write additional Code and use that library via the EXTPROC-Agent. I am thinking of stored Procedures in each Database. One procedure reads the file from the filesystem and transfers it to the other Database. A routine on that Database will have to write that code onto the filesystem again. I want to use a Java-Programm which manages this calls. My Question now is ,, Is that possible and HOW ?''

Greetings

BE Received on Sat Jul 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT