Re: Questions about Import/Export

From: Alan Barker <Ajb1_at_nextcentury.com.au>
Date: 2000/07/22

Hi Dino,

Export/Import is a valid method of defragging your database as upon import, all the blocks are 're-packed' with data hence getting rid of wasted space.

On the second point, if you're going to get rid of objects from various schemas, wouldn't you be better off exporting the db but only importing the schemas that you wish to retain? (maybe I've misunderstood the second point)

Regards,
Alan Barker