Questions about Import/Export

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: 2000/07/21

Dear All,

I have questions about import/export:
1.I am told that we can improve the performance of a database by exporting the database and then importing it back when the database is too fragmented after many DML operations. Do you think so? Is this an appropriate way? My experiment gives a performance increase of about 10%. 2.If we want the import (of the whole database) to be quick and I want to drop all schema objects (using a stored procedure with dynamic SQL) before the import, what types of shema objects should be droped in addition to tables?

I am using Oracle 8.0.5 for Windows NT4, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dino Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT