Re: How to Imp/Exp Stored Procedures?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/07/20

You can not export just the stored procedures. If you export an entire user, then that user's procedures will get exported as well. You will also get the procedures when you export a full database. You will NOT get procedures when you export a list of tables.

If you want to move just the procedures, it's easiest to just reverse engineer the create script and run the script on the new system.

HTH,
Brian

dorutanasa_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to know how to exp export the stored procedures from an oracle
> database. And then to import them in another one. Can this be done or I
> have to save these procedures and then to compile them in the new
> database? If so how do I select all procedures to a single file?
>
> Thank you,
> Doru.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.