Help on Oracle install on a Solaris 5.7 box...

From: Shivaji Apte <sapte_at_lucent.com>
Date: 2000/07/20

Hi,

I am desperately seeking help for Oracle installation on Solaris. I am using the 8.1.5 version of Oracle 8i and have a solaris machine with 1 GB ram (+ 1 GB swap) and 18 GB hard disk.

I have installed the server and the client software. While creating the default database,
I get the errors 'ORA-01034: ORACLE Not available'.

I run the 'svrmgrl' and try to do a 'startup', which fails due to 'ORA- 27102 : Out of Memory'.
Neither RAM nor my disk partitions seems to be an issue (all partitions as less than 10 % full).

Has anybody seen this before ? Has any1 any idea what might be going wrong ?
I have installed the recommended packages and patches.

Shivaji Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT