Re: Editing results of Import with show=y

From: Robert Wagner <RobertWagner_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 2000/07/20

Actually, in my case, I never HAD scripts (as far as I know). The tables were created about 9 months ago using Oracle's Migration Assistant for Microsoft Access 97 (under Windows 95, since the MA for Access 97 available at that time didn't run properly on Win98. After that, I modified them using Oracle8 Navigator. Naturally, the tables and indexes were all placed in the USER_DATA tablespace, which is what I'm now trying to correct.

At some point, I used EXP/IMP to migrate the database to Win NT. As a result of this, could I have a log file somewhere that has the scripts? TIA >>> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:964043324.28221.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...
> When I started using Oracle I was taught to save always any create table
 and
> create index script. In that case you simply wouldn't need to apply what
 you
> call a brute force edit. Also there are many tools either case tools
> (Designer, Erwin) or utilities (Toad) out there which will allow you to
 dump
> your statements to an Ascii file.
> The options indexfile and show where primarily introduced as an emergency
> measure for those folks who didn't keep their scripts.
> Sorry to reply in this fashion, but IMO 'brute force edit' sounds like a
> gross overstatement to me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

(Preceding messages not reproduced here.) Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT