CREATE DATABASE LINK

From: Christian Bielzer <christian.bielzer_at_sawis.de>
Date: 2000/07/19

I am having two 8.0.5 databases running on separate hardware. In each database I have created a user with dba previleges. I than create a databaselink:

CREATE DATABASE LINK toRemoteDb CONNECT TO chris IDENTIFIED BY tiger USING 'wds';

This stament was processed successful. I than wanted to access a table on the remote database, so I launched the following statement:

select * from standortliste_at_toRemoteDb ; ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Since the error implies that the service is not specified in the tnsname.ora, I added the service and still get the error-message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Christian Bielzer Received on Wed Jul 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT