Re: Oracle DB Backup procedure

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/07/19

        It only took Rama Velpuri and Anand Adkoli 628 pages to answer your question in
Oracle 8 Backup and Recovery Handbook (Oracle Press Edition from Osborne McGraw Hill)

        Basically you have three alternatives; a logical backup using the Oracle export
utility program, a cold backup, that is an operating system backup after the database
has been shutdown normally, and a hot backup, which is an online backup using a
combination of Oracle commands to take tablespaces in and out of backup mode and
operating system file copy utilities to do the backups of each tablespace in turn.

        To fully understand backup and recovery you really should get the book.

On 7/18/00, 4:11:38 PM, "Frankie" <francesco.palazzo_at_tiscalinet.it> wrote regarding Oracle DB Backup procedure:

> Hello,
> I would be really very grateful to whom could give me
> information about how to perform an Oracle DB Backup.
> I know there are different ways, but I would like to know
 which are