Re: svrmgrl problem

From: PaulCinVT <paulcinvt_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/07/19

In article <knsb5.66368$7I1.1030708_at_news1.rdc2.on.home.com>, "Francis Wong" <wongfrancis_at_home.com> writes:

>When I run svrmgrl, I got the error "TNS protocol problem". Then I cannot
>connect using any username(not even connect / as sysdba). This only happens
>when the database is not up. If the database is already up, I can start
>svrmgrl without any problem. What is wrong with my setup.
>
>I have Oracle8i on NT4 workstation.

Switch over to SQL*Plus...

Read the following Oracle documentation:

Oracle8i Migration
Release 8.1.5
A67774-01
Chapter 10
Migrating from Server Manager to SQL*Plus

Server Manager line mode will be obsoleted in a future release of Oracle. If you run SQL scripts using Server Manager line mode, you should change these scripts so that they are compatible with SQL*Plus, and then run them using SQL*Plus.

This chapter guides you through changing your Server Manager line mode scripts to work with SQL*Plus.

<snip>
Paul in VT Received on Wed Jul 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT