direct load state

From: <bing-du_at_tamu.edu>
Date: 2000/07/18

Greetings--

The following is what I did and the error I got.

SQL> select stu_course.student_id,student_view.name from fac_course, stu_course,student_view where fac_course.courseno=stu_course.courseno and stu_course.student_id=student_view.sid;
                                                         *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01502: index 'ROSTER.FAC_COURSE_PKEY' is in direct load state

Would anybody shed some light on what the error means and what I did wrong?

Thanks very much for any help,

Bing

P.S. Table descriptions:

SQL> desc fac_course;

 Name                            Null?    Type

FACULTY_SSN NOT NULL NUMBER(9) COURSENO NOT NULL VARCHAR2(11) TERM NOT NULL VARCHAR2(5) FACULTY_NAME VARCHAR2(20) SQL> desc stu_course Name Null? Type
STUDENT_ID NOT NULL NUMBER(9) COURSENO NOT NULL VARCHAR2(11) TERM NOT NULL VARCHAR2(5) SQL> desc student_view Name Null? Type
SID CHAR(9) NAME VARCHAR2(52) MAJOR CHAR(4) CLASS VARCHAR2(255)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT