Re: Delete trigger

From: Jonas Malmsten <jonas_at_malmsten.net>
Date: 2000/07/17

An alternative solution you could use is to write a stored procedures that does the actual deletetion instead of letting your application delete rows directly in the database, something like

create or replace procedure delete_from_my_table(   an_id in number) as
begin
  if allow_delete then
    delete from my_table where id=an_id;   end if;
end;
/

In article <8khq7u$c89$1_at_news5.isdnet.net>,   "Yann Cauchard" <yann.cauchard_at_spcconsultants.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to avoid deleting lines in a table using a trigger.
> I started to write a before delete trigger, which returns some error
> messages.
> But i'd like to return no messages, or a custom message.
> Can someone help ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Yann CAUCHARD

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT