Spatial Data and JDBC

From: Steve_H <steve.howarth_at_nospam.bigfoot.com>
Date: 2000/07/16

I've populated a table with some spatial data using SDO_GEOMETRY objects and
now I would now like to read these using a java application.

If I perform a query (select name, geom from mytable) in sqlPlus I get the
info I need formatted as a string as follows

Geom1 SDO_GEOMETRY(3, NULL, NULL, SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,2,1), SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(100,50, 101,51, ..... )) Geom2 SDO_GEOMETRY(3, ... ) etc

I would like to be able to do one of the following:

  1. get the objects as a java String objects
  2. or, better still, the contents of the two arrays directly into int[] and double[] arrays.

My first thought was to use recordSetObject.getString(), but that returned null. I guess it must also be possible with PL/SQL functions but thats all greek to me at present.

I noticed that recordSetObject.GetObject() and recordSetObject.getOracleObject() returned something but I don't know if these are usable.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Steve Received on Sun Jul 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT