question on intermedia

From: n <n_at_m.com>
Date: 2000/07/16

Folks,

We want to use intermedia on a table consiting of ~ 1 million rows with about 10K data indexed for each of these rows.

We're Oracle 8.1.6 on Sun 420(equiv to HP9000 N class machine) - 4 cpus, 4G RAM.. We will be extending the theausrus to add our own synonyms. Any search string entered will have to go thru the synonyms identifed. Given this and assuming zero load, what kind of a response time am I looking at for the following kind of queries.

a) exact matches
b) queries using about
c) search strings with embedded wildcards e.g.  A873%97.

If you could even give me a rough idea based on your experience, it would be helpful. Also if you could mention your own h/w, database scenario that would be a great help. There is so little info about intermedia out there....

TIA. -Drey. (no_spam_dreyz_at_hotmail.com . plz remove no_spam_) Received on Sun Jul 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT