Re: insertion of PDF files in to Oracle 8

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 2000/07/16

Hi,

I take it you are using OAS4.0.8? You can try using the PL/SQL example given in the online documentation. It's a simple webpage, that sends it contents to a procedure. The procedure will invoke the upload capabilities of the PL/SQL-cartridge. I know there is a bug in the cartridge that prohibits you from uploading files larger than 200KB (causes a wrksf crash on the OAS server ), but the same example is also used in the WebDB sample website. Here you can upload any amount of data into the database without a problem. I've seen it done with a mpeg movie of 6MB... Maybe you could copy this example to use it in your case. I tried doing it with Perl, and it was terrible...

HTH, Bastiaan Schaap

Oracle web development,
Desyde BV - Baarn
http://www.desyde.nl/