Re: how do I undo record deletions?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/14

"ekrem" <nospam_at_dot.com> wrote in message news:rLub5.11315$c5.31718_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> hi,
>
> either someone within my workplace has untentionally deleted all records
> from one of the tables or they've been deleted by some other unknown
 event,
> because the table in question is currently empty.
>
> this happened about 2-3 days ago. is there a way for me to undo the
 deletes
> or recover the table contents somehow?
>
> the archive log files go back about 2 weeks and it's running on oracle
 8.15
> on solaris 7.
>
> thanks
> ekrem

Yes this is possible but it is painful (went through this myself once, deleting 32 records from a 3 million record table).

- Restore a complete backup of your database prior to the disaster
- apply recover database until 'time' (prior to the disaster)
- export the affected table
- restore the backup again
- now apply complete recovery.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT