Re: Problem installing Oracle

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: 2000/07/14

The best way I've found to overcome this is to use a Windows NT program called HANDLEX. It displays what processes have "locks" on DLLs. Once you found the DLL and the process, just kill the process and continue the install, then reboot the machine.

If you're running PWS on your machine, the inetsrv.exe process locks some DLLs as well as MSDTC.