Problem with Oracle rounding integers

From: Charles Basner <chasbas_at_tipsinc.com>
Date: 2000/07/14

I am trying to divide two integers (say, 1/2) and having Oracle round the result (so I get 0.5 rounded = 1 instead of 0). Is there any way around this? The book says using PLS_INTEGERs will work, but it doesn't. It also says using a NUMBER(10) and leaving out the scale will not round, but that doesn't work either. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks! I am using Oracle 8i on WinNT

Charles Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT