Re: insertion of PDF files in to Oracle 8

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/14

msundar1977_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>i am writing a cgi/perl program. could anyone
>please let me know how to insert a PDF file in
>to the database with corresponding data type
>defined to be "CLOB" (oracle 8).

I have never done what you are planning, but I believe the place to start is to look at the dbms_lob package since it provides the functionality necessary to create, update, and read LOB's.

Also since a PDF file contains non-printable characters I think you should be using a BLOB instead of a CLOB to hold the document.

Good Luck.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT